How to Get an Employment Work Permit and Visa in Shanghai, China
- You should to gain Health Certificate with HIV Negative Result before you can pass...
Chinese government welcomes those foreign investors, high-level administrators and technical staff to work in china. And the normal vacancies are not offered to foreigners. So the foreigners who intend to work here shall have more than 2 years relevant work experience and relevant educational background.
Foreigners shall match the normal requirement of employment in law, such as 1) 18-60 age for male and 18-55 age for female; 2) be in good health; 3) no criminal record; 4) definitive employer；4) Valid passport.
These are the procedures for applying for work in china:
1. Before the employee entering china, the employer should apply for Employment License first in municipal Labor and Social Security Bureau Reception Center of Employment Affairs of Foreigners. 5 work days /no charge
2. The employer shall apply a letter of Z visa notification go through formalities. 3work days/￥20
3. The employer shall mail the document above and original Employment License to the employee oversea.
4. The employee shall apply forthwith for Z vise at Chinese embassy/consulate/Vise office in Employee’ nation with a letter of Z visa notification and original Employment License, and other required document of government within 30 days from date of the letter issue.
5. After entering China with Z Visa, the employee shall make Physical examination at Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau. 4 work days /￥702/fluctuate
6. If passing the Physical examination, the employer shall apply for the Employment Permit. 3 work days/ no charge
7. Registrant temporary residence in Police Station where the employee Resident.
8. Finally the foreigner shall go through formalities for the residence permit at Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau within 30 days from date of entrance. 5 work days/￥400
Rules for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in China
(Promulgated jointly by the Ministry of Labor, Ministry of public Security，Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of the People's Republic of China on 22 January 1996)
- Employer shall apply a transaction card from municipal Labor and Social Security Bureau Reception Center of Employment Affairs of Foreigners in advance. And any action of employment shall run with the card.
- Normally the government only approves the Foreigner as a senior manager.
- Employee shall apply Residence permit within 30 days from date of entrance, or the employee have to departure and entrance again.
Documents required for Employment License
- Application form for foreigners’ employment in China.
- Copy of business license AND registration certificate, copy of code certificate, copy of certificate of approval (for those foreign-invested companies only).
- Complete resume of the applicant which shall write in Chinese and sealed by employer. And the resume should match requirement of Chinese government.
- The credentials or qualifications of the applicant required by the performance of the job (which could be reference letters or diplomas).
- Copy of passport.
Documents required for applying for residents' letter of Z visa
- Copy of registration certificate (sealed by employer).
- Original of Employment License and Copy of Employment License pros and cons.
- Fill in the Application form on line，print and sealed by employer.
- Copy of passport.
Documents required for Physical verification
- A valid original passport or travel document, and photocopies of the photo-page, expiry-date-page and info.-update-page of your passport or travel document
- Four recent 2-inch photos (full face without hat)
- Copy of company’s registration certificate
- Original physical examination records issued by overseas medical institutions(done within last 6 months).
Documents required for Employment Permit
- Two employment registration forms for foreign employees in China.
- Original alien employment license.
- Copy of employment contract. If the employer is representative, shall provide original of representative certificate and copy.
- A valid original passport or travel document and copies of the photo-page, expiry-date-page, info.-update-page of your passport and number of passport or travel document (visa included).
- Copy of health certificate.
To work and live in China the expatriate worker must obtain a health permit, a residence permit and work or business visa. Each family member planning to live in China must also obtain a residence permit and visa. This process usually takes from two to four weeks. By the end of all this, you should have a residency permit (a little green booklet), your work visa (an F or Z in your passport) and possibly your foreign expert's certificate (a maroon passport sized booklet).
The Public Security Bureau requires health certificates for foreign nationals seeking residency in China. To obtain one, you need to have a complete physical examination which shows you are in good health and free of any communicable diseases (including an HIV test, Hepatitis B and Syphilis test and sometimes a chest x-ray and ECG). In Shanghai, the exam can be performed at the Shanghai Health & Quarantine Verification Office. You need to take 2 passport photos, company business license, and 500RMB. For physicals performed abroad, you must go to Shanghai Health & Quarantine Verification Office with the following:
* Doctor's letter stating you are healthy.
* Original copies of all blood tests, X-rays, EKG/ECG readouts, and other required tests. Each individual test result should be clearly identified as belonging to you.
* Health Certificate application (Available at Health & Quarantine Verification Office when you get there).
* Company business license
* Passport and 2 photos
Residence Permit: After receiving your health certificate, it should be submitted along with your passport to the local health office for approval, after which the health office will enter the form for submission to the local Public Security Bureau.
The local Public Security Bureau then issues the residency permit.
6. Three recent 2-inch photos (full face without hat)
Documents required for Residence Permit
- Submitting the Foreigner Visa and Residence Permit Application Form completely filled up and one recent 2-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photograph;
- The original of the certificate of check-in in Shanghai (issued by the hotel or the police substation of the area where the lodging takes place);
- The originals of the valid passport and visa;
- The original of the Health Certificate issued by Shanghai health quarantine department;
- The official letter of application of the unit;
- The original and the copy of the Certificate of Approval of Enterprise, the Duplicate of Business License or the Representative Agency Registration Certificate and the organization code;
- Persons from the general manager down (or F-type persons holding the Shanghai Residence Card B) should submit the originals of the Employment Credential and the Employment Registration Form; the vice president should submit the original of the Identity Confirmation Certificate issued by Shanghai Foreign Economic Relations and Trade Commission; the foreign expert should submit the original of the Expert Certificate; the resident correspondent should submit the original of the Press Card; the person engaged in commercialized theatrical performance needs to submit the originals of the official document approving the performance by the Ministry of Culture or Shanghai Cultural Bureau and the Performance Credential issued by Shanghai Cultural Bureau; the person engaged in offshore petroleum operations should submit the Work Permit for Foreign Personnel Engaged in the Offshore Petroleum Operations.
* The form(s) must be filled in Chinese.
** If the applicant provides any document written in foreign languages, a Chinese version (printed and chopped by employer) is required as an attachment to the original one.